Monday, May 05, 2008

Save Money On Home Insurance

We all need to cut our costs these days. At least, I know that I need to cut costs. Gas and Food prices seem to have doubled in the last year but my paycheck has not. One very obvious monthly bill to cut is my homeowners insurance bill.

I found a great article with ways to save money on home insurance. You may think that is a fixed monthly expense and no shopping can be done. But that is just not true at all. You should do price shopping.

You should also consider some improvements and repairs that home insurance companies will offer a discount for. Most car insurance companies that also offer home insurance will give you a discount for using them for both policies.

You may also consider raising your deductible. It may not be worth the extra expense to risk a $500 deductible vs. a $1500 deductible. Think about what you can afford, and how it will affect you if you actually have to use the insurance.

No comments: